Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sick, sick, sick

Well, Matthew and I are both sick, but I was well enough to do the show, unlike Matthew.  We skipped guests this week (sorry, Sam Macy!) because we weren't sure either of us would be up to too much talking.  We'll get Sam in the studio some other time.

The good news is that I got a crash course into how to do everything on my own.  I feel much better about running everything now.  The bad news is that the recording of today's show did not come out, so we'll have to recreate the show as a podcast in the next couple of days.

It's funny how it seems like there's a time warp when you're in the studio.  At first, it feels like you'll never be able to fill up your entire hour.  After I had played my 5th song (out of 12 I had lined up), I looked at the clock and only 15 minutes had gone by!  So, I decided I was probably rushing through it all and I should start talking more.  Of course, by the time I had 2 5-minute plus songs left to play, I only had 8 minutes left of the show.   I made a quick substitution to a shorter song and it all seemed to work out.  But I suspect the clock may be playing tricks on me - moving parabolically instead of linearly.   The clock in my Advanced Math class my Junior year of high school did the same thing.  I swear they squeezed a couple of extra weeks of trigonometry out of us based on that clock.  I'd still like that time back, Mrs. Lorentz!

No comments: