Sunday, April 6, 2008

That was fun!

So, I think it went well, considering.  

Right?

For two people without much radio training and with 4 friends in the studio to distract us (Charlie Gorczynski & Lindsay Anderson from Chicago and Dan Oestreicher & Justin Peake in from New Orleans), it was not too shabby!

This being our first show, we were a little frazzled, to say the least.  But we managed to play some songs, get our voices out on the airwaves, and NOT say any of those 7 forbidden words.  I was worried that we might not have pushed some essential button and would be broadcasting dead air.  In fact, at one point, we made Justin go out to my car in the parking lot and listen to the broadcast on my stereo to make sure all was okay.  It was.  Thanks, Justin!

I was also disappointed that we ran a little long.  I wanted to talk to Diesel Dan longer than just having him shout "Aaaarrrrggghh!" into the microphone, but the show before us ran late and we should've just hustled them out of the way.  Next time, Lotus Beat!  (Actually, the Lotus Beat DJs were really nice.)  Then, we let ourselves get hustled by the Drama show people after us who faded our song and started their own show too early.  So, we live and learn and it'll be better next time.  There is a LOT of juggling involved and we're usually good multi-taskers, but this was all new to us.  In a couple of weeks, we'll have it mastered.  Or at least we'll be making fewer mistakes.

Hopefully, because I have to do it all by myself in a couple of weeks when Matthew heads down to New Orleans for Jazz Fest!  *sigh*  I'm jealous I don't get to go, but I'm also looking forward to being drunk with power when the show is mine, all MINE!

Thanks for listening and please keep tuning in!

No comments: